I often seen KDE’s Plasma Activities referred to as a solution in search of a problem. Initially I had no use for them, myself. Over time I’ve started to have a need for them. A recent project of mine has reminded me of how nice it is to have Activities around.
For the stories I write, I use MediaWiki to track everything about people, places, things, and events. This allows me to put in every character, no matter how minor, to track information on. Following is the categories I currently use to help sort these characters out. Read the rest of this entry »
Since this is problem the third time over the past few years that I’ve had a problem where I could not view my to-do items nor add any to KOrganizer, and spent a long time trying to figure out how to get it working, I’m posting it here as a reference for the next time it occurs.
Read the rest of this entry »
When creating an OpenXml Spreadsheet, the first two fills are reserved.
I don’t know if it’s bad reporting, or miscommunication from those involved, or weird thinking by those involved, but this story leaves be a bit confused.
One of the things I’ve found in reading random autism-centric blogs, written by people on the autism spectrum, is that much of what has been known about autism has been wrong. This is likely because previous information was gathered by non-autistic people observing autistic people.
With computers, the Internet and the Web, people on the spectrum are able to start telling their experiences in life. I find it interesting to read the experiences of others on the spectrum and see just how similar their experiences are to my own. Within the past few years, I’ve gone from seeing myself as someone abnormal in a world of normal people, to seeing that there are plenty of people out there just like me.
Today at work was a good example of where my mindset operates differently from the neurotypical mindset.
MediaWiki recommends against using the top level of a domain to load wiki pages from. If only a section of the site contains a wiki, http://example.com/wiki/Main_Page makes sense. MediaWiki supports this. If the entire site is a wiki, then http://example.com/Main_Page makes sense. MediaWiki does not support this, and recommends against it.
The problem with the latter is that it renders files such as robots.txt as a wiki page at http://example.com/Robots.txt. This can be avoided by using MediaWiki’s extensions capability.
To get around this issue, I wrote an extension.
Last night I did an upgrade of my Arch Linux system. Today I opened my e-mail to find all my e-mail missing except my inbox…!
Recently I bought “Nutcracker and Mouse King and The Tale of the Nutcracker” (electronic book format). Thank goodness it’s easy to strip off the DRM!