Since this is problem the third time over the past few years that I’ve had a problem where I could not view my to-do items nor add any to KOrganizer, and spent a long time trying to figure out how to get it working, I’m posting it here as a reference for the next time it occurs.
These steps work for KOrganizer 4.8.3.
- To-do List is empty.
- Adding a to-do item does not display it on the To-Do List.
Steps to solve:
- Go to Settings, Configure KOrganizer.
- In the setters, go to General, Calendars.
- If there isn’t a calendar resource listed here, add on. I like to use ~/Documents/Calendar with each calendar item in a separate file, using “KDE Calendar (traditional)” set to “Calendar in Local Directory”.
- Go to the Month View.
- In the bottom left pane should be the name of the calendar resource just added, with an unchecked checkbox beside it. Click on the checkbox to add a checkmark to it.
- Any calendar items on the resource will now appear on the calendar. Return to the to-do list, and any existing to-do list items should appear. Any newly added to-do list items will appear as they are added.